Skip to content
9"58 Usain Bolt, world record analysis
- the fastest portion is 60-70m (0.81). Usain Bolt covered in 1 second 12m35, or nearly 45kmh!
- at the world level, a 100m race is between 41 and 45 strides. Usain Bolt is 41 strides away,
- 8 to 9 hundredths: this is the contact time of each ground support for a top level runner,
- measured forces: at the ejection of the starts around 1500 newton; at full speed, the runner can withstand 3.5 to 4 times his body weight on impact,
- Jim Hines was the first sprinter under 10" (9"95 in 1968). In 41 years, the world record has been improved by 0.37". These are not monstrous progress,
- except Usain Bolt and Maurice Greene, to date, all the sprinters who posted a time of less than 9"80, have tested positive …
You may also like...